Vs > Lake Tekapo
Te Kuiti vs Lake Tekapo Climate & Distance Between
Te Kuiti vs Highbank, New Zealand
Te Kuiti vs Oviedo, Spain
Te Kuiti vs Selma, Al, Usa
Te Kuiti vs Mongu, Zambia
Lake Tekapo vs Base Esperanza, Antarctica
Lake Tekapo vs Istrana, Italy
Lake Tekapo vs Scottsburg, In, Usa
Lake Tekapo vs Cordoba, Spain
Rashad vs Webbers Falls, Ok
Darwin, Northern Territory vs Astoria/ Clatsop, Or
Halifax, Stanfield Inter, Ns vs Peace River, Ab
Choluteca vs Balkhash
- The distance between Te Kuiti, New Zealand and Lake Tekapo, New Zealand is approximately 744 km or 462 mi.
- To reach Te Kuiti in this distance one would set out from Lake Tekapo bearing 33.4° or NNE and follow the great circles arc to approach Te Kuiti bearing 30.3° or NNE .
- Both have a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Te Kuiti is in or near the warm temperate thorn steppe biome whereas Lake Tekapo is in or near the cool temperate steppe biome.
- The average annual temperature is 4.4 °C (7.9°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3.3 °C (5.9°F) less in Te Kuiti. The continentality subtype is barely hyperoceanic as opposed to truly oceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 918.4 mm (36.2 in) more which is equivalent to 918.4 l/m² (22.54 US gal/ft²) or 9,184,000 l/ha (981,831 US gal/ac) more. About 2 1/2 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 5.7° higher in Te Kuiti than in Lake Tekapo.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Te Kuiti relative to Lake Tekapo. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Lake Tekapo vs Te Kuiti
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Te Kuiti vs Base Orcadas, Antarctica
Te Kuiti vs Asosan, Japan
Te Kuiti vs Maraba, Brazil
Te Kuiti vs Itacoatiara, Brazil
Lake Tekapo vs Watertown, Wi, Usa
Lake Tekapo vs Kuujjuarapik, Qc, Canada
Lake Tekapo vs Sodankyla, Lapland, Finland
Lake Tekapo vs Swift Current (a), Sk, Canada
Appleby vs Kunming
Grand Rapids, Michigan vs Geraldton, Western Australia
Dolbeau-Mistassini, Quebec vs Berbera
Le Raizet vs Charlotte/ Douglas, Nc
Te Kuiti vs Lake Tekapo Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Te Kuiti
Climate Guides for Locations near Lake Tekapo
- Mesopotamia, New Zealand - 56.5 kms (35.1 miles) NE
- Lilybank, New Zealand - 34.3 kms (21.3 miles) NNE
- Lochaber, New Zealand - 53 kms (32.9 miles) ENE
- Deepburn, New Zealand - 32.6 kms (20.3 miles) ENE
- Orari Gorge, New Zealand - 58.9 kms (36.6 miles) E
- Woodbury, New Zealand - 58.7 kms (36.4 miles) E
- Burkes Pass, Airies, New Zealand - 16.9 kms (10.5 miles) ESE
- Kakahu Bush, New Zealand - 52.7 kms (32.8 miles) ESE
- Te Ngawai, New Zealand - 29.9 kms (18.6 miles) SE
- Cave, Heatherleigh, New Zealand - 46.2 kms (28.7 miles) SE
- Mt Nimrod, New Zealand - 54.7 kms (34 miles) SE